Helpful things to say
- “Can you tell me more about what’s going on?”
- “If you want to tell me more, I’m here to listen”
- “I’ve noticed you haven’t been yourself, is there anything on your mind?”
- “I can see this is hard for you to open up about. It’s ok to take your time. I’m not in any rush”
What to say to make a friend feel better?
What to Say to Someone
- You are more fun than anyone or anything I know, including bubble wrap.
- You are the most perfect you there is.
- You are enough.
- You are one of the strongest people I know.
- You look great today.
- You have the best smile.
- Your outlook on life is amazing.
- You just light up the room.
What do you say to comfort a sad friend?
What to Say to Someone who Feels Down or Depressed
- You’re right, this sucks.
- You don’t walk this path alone.
- I believe in you…
- How can I help? …
- I’m here if you want to talk (walk, go shopping, get a bit to eat, etc.).
- I know it’s hard to see this right now, but it’s only temporary…
How do I comfort someone over text?
16 Texts To Send When You Need to Cheer Someone Up
- You have always supported me through difficult times.
- I can understand the feeling of hardship taking over you during this time.
- I am so sorry for your situation.
- Work got to me, and I felt low last week.
What do you say to a sad friend over text?
4 Text Messages You Can Send to a Sad Friend
- #1 “I’m here if you need anything.”
- #2 “It’s okay, you’re not weak.”
- #3 “You can talk to me and I’ll listen.”
- #4 “Take your time, I’ll be waiting.”
What to say to a friend who is struggling?
A good framework for replying to your friend’s troubles is: summarize what they’re going through, from your perspective. validate how they feel about what they’re going through. ask how you can help (or express that you know nothing will really help, but you want to be there for your friend through the pain)
How can I make a sad person happy?
We could all use some cheering up – here are some ways to brighten your friends’ days!
- Send a cute animal photo.
- Plan a game night with a group.
- Reach out first.
- Do an extra chore.
- Send a motivational text.
- Watch a movie together.
- If you live near them, plan a socially distant outing!
- Send a letter.
How do you cheer up a friend who is not feeling well?
Check out these six ways to cheer up someone who is sick in these upcoming months.
- Listen first, then respond. The greatest thing you can do to comfort someone you love who isn’t feeling well is simply to listen.
- Take on their to-do list.
- Bring food and drinks.
- Do something simple they love.
- Give them space.
How do you give hope to a sad friend?
There is sure to be something on this list that can turn any frown upside down.
- Ask Them If They Want Help.
- Simply Be There for Them.
- Take On a Creative Project Together.
- Leave Your Friend a Handwritten Note.
- Swing the Blues Away.
- Go Get Some Ice Cream.
- Do Whatever They Want to Do.
- Volunteer Together.
What do you say to someone going through a hard time?
These are the most effective:
- Ask them how they are feeling. Then, listen non-judgmentally to their response.
- Show them that you want to understand and express sympathy.
- Ask how you can support them and resist jumping in to problem-solve.
- Check in to see if they are suicidal.
- Reassure them, realistically.
What to say to a friend who is emotionally down?
It’s better to sit and listen to them. To comfort an unhappy friend, it might be better to tell him or her that you would be sad, too, if you were going through what they are. “Tell them ‘I’m here for you’, and reassure them that ‘it’s okay to cry’,” Borschel says.
How do I make someone feel better?
50 Things You Can Do to Make Someone Feel Better
- Donate blood whenever you can, it may help a friend or family member in the future.
- Bake them a cake with a funny message on it.
- Make them dinner.
- Send them flowers.
- Send them a card.
- Send them a get-well text.
- Send them an inspirational book.
- Bring them a chocolate shake.
How do you comfort someone emotionally?
How Do We Comfort Someone?
- 1. ” Witness their feelings” …
- Affirm that their feelings make sense.
- Draw out their feelings inorder to better understand what they feel.
- Don’t minimize their pain or focus only on cheering them up.
- Offer physical affection if appropriate.
- Affirm your support and commitment.
How do you show you care about someone?
Take care of some of their responsibilities (for example, watch their kids, do their laundry, cook them dinner, or go shopping for them). Call often to remind them how much you love them and how you are always thinking of them. When you visit, bring a book to read aloud or a movie to watch together.
How do you make someone care about you?
Here’s a few to cultivate.
- Ask questions. I’ve noticed people who ask questions are often well-liked.
- Talk more, not less.
- Give your time…gratis.
- Listen better.
- Really and truly care.
- Admit it, you don’t know everything.
- Go for the laugh, every time.
- Lighten up.
What do you text someone who is struggling?
Here are 18 text messages you can send to your “strong friend” now:
- “I’m coming over and I have wine.” …
- “Thank you for all you do.” …
- “I know it’s gotta be hard to stay strong all the time, but I’m thinking of you and I’m here for you.” …
- “How are you?” …
- “Hey, was thinking about you today.
What to say to a friend who needs strength?
You’ve always been a fighter, so I know that you’ll get through this. Don’t lose that strength; don’t let go of that bravery. Whatever you do and whatever you choose, I will always be proud of you. Don’t put yourself down.
How do you comfort someone who isn’t feeling good?
WAYS TO EXPRESS SYMPATHY WHEN A FRIEND IS ILL
- “I heard you’re not feeling well.
- “Heard you were feeling under the weather.
- “How are you feeling, if you don’t mind me asking?”
- “If there is anything you need help with, just let me know.”
- “I’m so sorry you have to go through this.
- “I’ll be praying for you.
What to say to someone who is down?
10 Things to Say to Someone with Depression
- “Do you want some space?” …
- “I’m here for you” …
- “I love you” …
- “Take as long as you need” …
- “You don’t need to do anything that makes you uncomfortable” …
- “Everything is going to be OK” …
- “I don’t think you’re crazy” …
- “You’re a good person”
How do you encourage someone in difficult times?
How to motivate and inspire your people in difficult times
- Limit the amount of time or effort that you’re asking for.
- Share in the sacrifice.
- Appeal to their emotions.
- Give people multiple reasons for doing what you want them to do.
- Be the change you want to inspire.
- Tell a story.
- Appeal to people’s value system.
How do you comfort a friend who feels alone?
How do you talk to someone about loneliness?
- Start with “me too.” Often, validating someone’s feelings can help them open up and share.
- Ask questions that prompt your friend to reflect on their needs.
- Don’t dismiss someone’s feelings of loneliness.
- Invite them to a get-together with you, and possibly other friends.
What makes a person feel loved?
In a study, researchers found that small, non-romantic gestures – like someone showing compassion or snuggling with a child – topped the list of what makes people feel loved. Meanwhile, controlling behaviors – like someone wanting to know where they were at all times – were seen as the least loving.
When you realize someone doesn t care?
According to Walters, these could be some signs that the other person has low empathy: cutting you off emotionally. walking away and refusing to discuss your feelings, even after they’ve calmed down. shutting you down while you’re speaking or cutting you off from speaking.
How do you show someone you care without saying it?
Do the things they love. Not that you will abandon your ways for theirs but there are certain things you can join the person in doing that will show you care. If they love to be pampered, give it to them, you can also cook their favourite dish sometimes, go to their favorite game or hang out at their favorite places.
What are 10 ways to show someone you care about them?
15 Simple Ways to Show Someone You Care
- Ask them how they are doing.
- Write them a handwritten letter.
- Give them a shout out on social media.
- Make them their favorite drink.
- Create a curated playlist.
- Lend them your favorite book.
- Send them a motivational quote.
- Initiate plans on a consistent basis.
What are positive mental health phrases?
Inspiring mental health quotes
- “You don’t have to control your thoughts.
- “There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.” ― Leonard Cohen.
- “Deep breathing is our nervous system’s love language.” – Dr.
- “I think it’s really important to take the stigma away from mental health…
How do you help a stressed friend over text?
Let them know you want to help:
- “I’m here to talk and to listen”
- “I want to know if you’re really okay”
- “I’m worried that you’re struggling”
What are some good uplifting quotes?
You can do it quotes
- “Do the best you can.
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ―Theodore Roosevelt.
- ‘It’s never too late to be what you might’ve been.” ―George Eliot.
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” ―Walt Disney.
- “Trust yourself that you can do it and get it.” ―Baz Luhrmann.
How do you stay strong in hard times quotes?
50 Quotes to Help You Stay Strong
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – …
- “Surprise yourself everyday with your own courage.” – …
- “Courage is only an accumulation of small steps.” – …
- “I like to use the hard times in the past to motivate me today.” – …
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more.
What’s a short positive message?
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
How do you show someone you appreciate them?
Top 10 Ways to Show Appreciation
- Give a Gift. Giving a gift shows your loved ones that we are grateful for them and value the role they play in our lives.
- Write An Appreciation Note.
- Compliment Them.
- Create Something Homemade.
- Take Her Out for Coffee.
- Lend a Listening Ear.
- Do Something They Enjoy.
- Make a Photo Album.
What are some 3 word quotes?
110 Memorable Three-Word Quotes That Are Short And Sweet
- “I’ll be there.”
- “I love you.”
- “Maybe you’re right.”
- “I trust you.”
- “Go for it.”
- “Got your back.”
- “How are you?”
- “I want you.”
What are 5 positive phrases?
9 Powerful Phrases Super Positive People Always Say
- I admire you. Super positive people are appreciative.
- You can do it. Super positive people are supportive.
- I value you. Super positive people are caring.
- You can count on me. Super positive people are collaborative.
- I believe in you.
- You are kind.
- I trust you.
- You are smart.
What is an uplifting saying?
Get up and make them.” “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” “We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.”
How do you appreciate someone in simple words?
When you’re feeling a deep appreciation for those who have made a difference in your life, use these phrases to show your gratitude:
- I appreciate you!
- You are the best.
- I appreciate your help so much.
- I wanted to thank you for your help.
- I value the help you’ve given me.
- I am so thankful for you in my life.
How do you appreciate someone in one word?
What are the best appreciation words?
Use these phrases to let someone know how much you appreciate what they have done for you:
- I am grateful for your support.
- I appreciate you.
- I appreciate your taking the time.
- I value the insights and guidance you provide.
- I wanted to thank you as soon as possible.
- I truly appreciate the confidence you showed in me.
How do you tell someone you care about them in words?
Saying “I love you” with words
- “I love you.”
- “I’m in love with you.”
- “I love spending time with you.”
- “You make me happy whenever I’m around you.”
- “You bring me so much joy and excitement.”
- “I love spending time with you.”
- “When I’m not with you, I feel sad/incomplete/lonely.”
- “I can’t imagine my life without you.”
How do you tell a friend you care about them?
If you’ve never said it out loud, let them know how much you care.
- “Hey, just so you know, I’m here for you if you need anything. I’ve always got your back”
- “I hope you know that you are important to me and I care about you.”
- “Whatever you are going through-good or bad-I’m here if you need me.”
What is a quote for caring?
- We’ve curated the best quotes about caring:
- “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world.
- “Never be so busy as not to think of others.” …
- “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” …
- “As human beings, we each have a responsibility to care for humanity.
How can I be mentally strong quotes?
“Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin. “You have no control over other people’s taste, so focus on staying true to your own.” — Tim Gunn. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt.
What is a small quote for mental health?
6 Quotes From the World of Literature
“I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” “Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more hard to bear.
How do you help someone who is emotionally stressed?
How to Support Someone Who Is Stressed
- Signs of Stress.
- Help Them Recognize The Problem.
- Listen to Them.
- Identify the Problem.
- Get Active.
- Fill Their Free Time.
What do you say to a friend with anxiety?
“Take Your Time:” 10 Things to Say to Someone Who Has Anxiety
- “Are You OK?” …
- “I’m Always Here if You Need to Talk” …
- “Your Fears/Worries/Triggers Are Not Silly” …
- “Take Your Time” …
- “Let’s Sort Through This Together” …
- “How Can I Help?” …
- “There’s a Cup of Tea Waiting for You at Home” …
- “This Feeling Will Pass”
What do you say to calm someone down?
Phrases such as “that must be really hard for you” or “I understand why that would make you anxious” can be very validating and show understanding and support.
What is the best short quote?
Short Inspirational Quotes
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” …
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” …
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference.
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” …
- “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” …
- “Limit your ‘always’ and your ‘nevers’.”
What are some sayings for hope and strength?
“Remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” “We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken.” “We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
What are some encouraging words about strength?
“Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.”
What are some heart touching quotes?
Heart Touching Love Quotes with Images
“Happy is the moment when we sit together, with two forms, two faces yet one soul.” “You & I.” “I can’t replace you because there is no one like you.” “Stay with me forever because i want to end my life with you.”
How do you know if your friend doesn’t value you?
So, being too busy, citing excuses, or flaking out on you every time you need help or support is one of the unmistakable signs your friend doesn’t truly care about you.
Why do people suddenly stop caring?
Feeling as if you don’t care about anything anymore may be related to anhedonia or apathy. Anhedonia is a mental state in which people have an inability to feel pleasure. It is often a symptom of mental health conditions such as depression, bipolar disorder, and substance use.
How do you say I like you in another way?
How to say I like you in English
- I like you.
- I really like you.
- I like you a lot.
- Will you go out with me?
- Can I take you out?
- Would you have dinner with me?
- I’d love to go out with you.
- I’d love to go on a date with you.
What can I say instead of I love you?
Cute Ways to Say “I Love You”
- I’m crazy about you.
- You’re my dream come true.
- You take my breath away.
- Since you’ve been around I smile a lot more than I used to.
- There is no one I’d rather steal blankets from.
- You’re my partner in crime.
- You look great today and every day.
- I’m jealous of people who get to see you every day.
How do you show your friends love?
- Send them a thoughtful book.
- Make an effort to be there.
- Surprise each other.
- Tell them what you’ve learned from them.
- Read the articles they send you.
- Send random snail mail.
- Show up in difficult circumstances.
- Give the gift of time.
How do you show someone you care after hurting them?
Rebuilding trust when you’ve hurt someone
- Consider why you did it. Before you embark on the process of rebuilding trust, you’ll first want to check in with yourself to understand why you did it.
- Apologize sincerely.
- Give your partner time.
- Let their needs guide you.
- Commit to clear communication.
How do you give someone space without losing them?
Here’s how to give someone space without losing them:
- Ask how much time they need.
- Find out what “space” looks like.
- Don’t ask for an explanation.
- Thank them for communicating their needs.
- Honor their request.
- Encourage them to do their favorite things.
- Avoid constant texting.
- Do your own thing.
How do you show care through text?
10 Quick Text Messages to Show You Care
- “Just wanted to let you know I am here if you need to talk.”
- “Believe in yourself.
- “I love you and I am here for you.”
- “Do you need to take a break?”
- “You are and always will be enough.”
- “You are smart and will do great.”
- “Stay strong.
- “I am always here for you.”
What is kindness quotes for mental health?
“Kindness begins with me.” “Kindness is being someone who makes everyone feel like a somebody.” “Kindness can make a bad day good, and a good day better.” “No act of kindness is too small.
What is a supportive quote?
“If you want to support others you have to stay upright yourself.” “There is no greater power and support you can give someone than to look them in the eye, and with sincerity/conviction say, ‘I believe in you.”
How do you know if someone doesn’t need you?
Table of Contents
- #1 You Put in Most of the Effort.
- #2 They Actively Avoid Connecting Deeply with You.
- #3 They don’t ask about you.
- #4 They Stop Reaching Out or Making Plans.
- #5 They Regularly Cancel Plans.
- #6 They Make Excuses.
- #7 They’re Always Busy.
- #8 They Don’t Respond or Lack Enthusiasm in Responses.