- Discover more: How To Keep Your Long Distance Friendships From Petering Out
19 Fun Girls Day Out Ideas
1. Organize a Home Spa AfternoonProfessional spa treatments are a great way to spoil yourself and relax. But they can be quite expensive. Why not plan a home spa afternoon instead? Have your girlfriends come over to your home and spend the afternoon giving each other manicures and pedicures. If you have the same taste in clothes, as friends often do, you can trade clothes out of each other’s closets too!
2. Go Out to the Ball GameYes, sports would generally not be considered a fun activity for a girls’ day out but you can break the norm next time you spend time with your friends. Get together and make your way to a basketball game, a hockey game or a football game. It really doesn’t matter whether you are actually interested in the game or the teams playing. What you are looking for is a fun break from the typical afternoon at the mall. You may find that it is something you genuinely enjoy and will even want to go to the next game!
3. Play a Dare GameNo, you haven’t grown out of dare games! A dare game can be a great way to bond and make fabulous memories, especially if you are a group of very close friends. Whether you are hanging out at a restaurant or out swimming for the afternoon, make it your dare game day. Dare your girlfriend to hit on the cute guy at the next table. If you are out swimming, then dare the group to jump off the highest perch at the pool and buy a drink for whoever does it.
- Discover more: Sexy Truth or Dare
4. Go BowlingYou haven’t been out bowling in ages, that’s probably why you can’t keep the ball out of the gutter. But that’s alright. It is time to let yourself go and get a little silly if you want to. Just enjoy each other’s company. Bowling is a great option because it doesn’t cost that much and neither does it require a lot of stamina. It will also help you burn a few calories so you can guiltlessly indulge in a little ice cream as you play. You and your friends can make some wonderful memories at the bowling alley.
5. Take a Long Leisurely DriveHave your girlfriends pile into the car and take a long leisurely drive out of town. Plan your route so you can have a midday or late afternoon meal at a restaurant or place you have not been to in a long time. Alternatively, have everyone pack snacks to put into the group’s picnic basket and enjoy an out-of-town picnic together. As you drive, try not to switch on the radio. Instead, just talk and catch up. If you have to switch on the radio, make sure to play music that all of you enjoy. If you have music you can all sing along to… perfect! This is the time to sing your heart out!
6. Get Your Groove On
There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them!Get together and dance the day away. Go to a Zumba class, a salsa class or go all out and take a pole-dancing class. Prices range between $10 and $50 per class. Pick what fits your budget and get your groove on. It is a great way to keep fit and de-stress. It will make for a most memorable bonding experience.
7. Try Something Completely NewThere will always be something that none of you have ever tried before. Make your girls’ day out the day to try it with them. Make unforgettable memories when you all have your first bungee jumping experience together or try white water rafting. Don’t forget to take as many pictures as you can and share them with everyone later. If you’re not feeling very adventurous, you can instead try out cuisines from a distant land which you have never tried before.
8. Take a Road TripPut your heads together and decide on a fun destination you would all like to visit. Make an itinerary for a road trip. It could be anything from a day trip to a week-long getaway, depending on how much time you have. Come up with a budget and pool funds to cater for the basics such as gas, food, accommodation and whatever else you deem necessary.
9. Host a Healthy Lunch and Exchange IdeasHave everyone bring a healthy dish to be shared by everyone. Add to the fun with recipe cards from everyone so you can all leave with a few healthy meal ideas to try out on your own. You can never have too many healthy food recipes for sure!
10. Giddy-Up GirlsHorseback riding is another great activity for you and your girlfriends to do together. It is both fun and beneficial to the body. It is considered a form of light exercise because it helps improve muscle tone and flexibility. Plus, horses are such adorable animals so even if you end up not riding much, you could still have fun petting a horse!
11. Shop and Cook TogetherSpend the later part of your morning with your friends at the farmers market and find out which fresh foods are available. Pick up ingredients for a healthy meal then head home and chat in the kitchen as you all help whip up a sumptuous healthy lunch. Who said a date with the girls must involve binge eating chocolate cake and ice cream?
12. Have a Smoothie DayIf you all fancy the liquefied fruit drink concept, why not have fun with it? Have a smoothie day with your friends. Assign everyone two or three ingredients to bring. Everything from yogurt and fruit juice to bananas and berries. Throw in some spinach, kale or capsicum for the health conscious and have an afternoon of blending and drinking. Learn some new interesting smoothie recipes from your friends and allow yourself to try smoothies filled with ingredients you never thought of using.
13. Fun Running
Running is one of the most effective ways to exercise and stay fit. But it’s not always fun. Kill several birds with one stone by running with your friends. This way, you get to keep fit and spend some quality time with them too. If plain old running starts to get boring, join exciting events like the Electric Run or the Color Run. If you are all up to a real endurance challenge, sign up for events like the Tough Mudder which is an endurance event series. Teams take 10-mile obstacle courses to test physical stamina.
You and your girls could also enroll in the next marathon in your city. Assuming that it is a couple of months away, you could all spend a few hours every week training for the event and, of course, run the marathon together.